Saturday, July 12, 2003

Pagod na?

Why am I getting tired of working in the construction industry? Here are some reasons:
1. You are the middleman. The boss, the architect, the owner, the suppliers, the foreman, the workers. These are the people you have to work with, and these are the people who will point at you if something goes wrong. Its like you're planning a big party, and if you fail to invite people, get stuff, and plan ahead, the blames all on you.

2. You travel a lot, and I do mean a lot. You go to the site, you go to the suppliers materials depot, you go to the company factory, you go home late. I miss my chair at the office sometimes.

3. You do everything. Unlike before you take the board exams, you are very excited to do everything, even the smallest things. Timekeeper, payroll, purchasing, estimating, quotations. But now..."Detailed estimate mo ko ng ganito, ganyan...(Architect blah blah). Kelangan ko mamaya." Uh, okey sir.

4. You don't own your time. I hate owners and architects who call you up on weekends and evenings. They give you psychological and emotional burdens you wish they will give you during office hours.

Oh well, construction is fun, especially the hands-on and technical-scientific stuff. But these are some of the reasons why they say that Construction is not for the weak of heart.

And I don't like designers who doesn't want to get their hands dirty, literally. Sasabihin ko na lang, "Sama ka sa buhos, bukas."
Pag sumagot ng oo, baka sasabihin ko, "I'll miss you pagkatapos." Hehehe korni.

Peace. I'm still in my tired stage. Maybe next time magshe-share naman ako ng good points about construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home