Friday, October 29, 2004

physical fitness

Here is the list of the activities for the community recreation program of the College of Human Kinetics for the second semester. Anybody interested can enroll at a very low cost. The activities will start on November 27 and end March 4, Saturdays only, 12 sessions in all.

note: public service lang po, I'm not connected with CHK ")
I will not post the list word for word...

aerobics, aikido, badminton (basic), badminton (intermediate / advance), ballet, ballroom, belly dancing, basketball, judo, karate, pilates (matwork), streetdance, soccer, taekwando, table tennis, tap dance, tennis, volleyball, yoga, swimming.

the cost ranges from 1,200 to 1,500.

I plan to make a "career" out of tennis, so I'm planning on enrolling again at the intermediate level. Tsaka sayang racquet ko e. Other OCAs will go into Pilates. So anybody interested just go to CHK before the start of the activities.

3 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger ben tumbling said...

No Taichi?
Does anyone know of a good Taichi teacher in Metro Manila or even outside? Preferably Chen style Taichi. Anyone else here do Taichi?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger nap said...

Tai Chi has not appeared in the list for the past two semesters since we have heard of the program. I took up tai chi for p.e. but unfortunately I lost the handouts illustrating all the moves.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger ben tumbling said...

Chen style Taichi is the original form of Taichi. It is more martial with fast and slow and powerful movements (punches, kicks, stomps, jumps, etc.). The other forms of Taichi are descended from Chen style. The most popular style is Yang style which is what you would usually see most taichi paractitioners do (the slow flowing movements) which is most probably what they taught you. Although it could also be something else altogether (Wu, Sun, etc.).
I'm hoping to find someone in the Philippines to train Chen style with when I go back there. I'm actually already an advanced student and it would be expensive to have to go back here or to China to be able to train with a master but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home