Saturday, March 10, 2007

Answer to a Question

Some of you might already be familiar with a service by Yahoo.com called "Yahoo! Answers". It's a pretty fun and useful site where people can post various questions and other people can answer the posted questions.

I did find a question there that was posted about two months ago from today which piqued my interest (click on the question to bring you to the site):

"Where is the best architecture school on the Philippines????"

Apparently it was not interesting enough that it only garnered one reply. The reply however is probably more interesting than the question posted.

The response was:

"I don't think they have any schools in philippines, its a 3rd world country they live in poverty with no running water. its sort of like africa but like a jungle."

That reply really blew my mind and not in a good way.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am not surprised. my sister who was in the states for a few months had a similar encounter with an american who is already a medical resident in a US hospital after learning that my sister was from the philippines. for most people who has only seen their own country..or only their town/city or worse their backyard, they can't say much about anywhere else.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, the question has been deleted. it seems, no one appreciated the answer.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger ben tumbling said...

The question has been deleted as you said. I guess it was mostly because someone left a very offensive comment on the person who made the response last time I saw it.
I would encounter some people like that in U.S.
One time I was talking to an engineer and he found out I was from the Philippines. He suddenly started feeling sorry for me for having to live in a "backward" country.
I laughed and told him to visit the Philippines sometime because he was totally wrong about a lot of things.
Good thing I kept my cool and didn't succumb to my good old Tondo instincts which would have been to "install a faucet on his side" (lagyan ng gripo sa tagiliran!). =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home